Thursday, April 30, 2009

And The Number Is ... Week 17 Weigh In

I wish I could say I had a great week like last week but I didn't. It has been a crazy week around here. My baby has a stomach virus and I am trying to get over another sinus infection. When will this sickness end?

When I got on the scale this morning I was not surprised by the number I saw. It was 192. That is a 2.4 pound gain from last week. The late nights up with the baby have really not helped with my weight loss. I have eaten way to many chips, m&m's and peanuts. I feel like crap. Not just because of my head cold/sinus infection but because I know I am not eating like I should be. It is an awful feeling.

I know that things like this happen. It's life right? It is just so disappointing to go from the 180's back up to the 190's. I actually contemplated not posting my weight today because I was embarrassed but then I realized that I want everything in my blog to be honest. This is real life and in real life people have struggles and gain weight. Also, I knew that if I didn't post my weight I would have a harder time getting back on track.

I really need to get back to the gym. I really wish this nasty stomach bug will go away quickly. Not just so I can go to the gym but so my baby doesn't have to suffer with it anymore. I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to go back. I also need to get my eating back under control. I just need to stop eating at night. Hopefully my baby will start sleeping tonight and I won't have to worry about this. My daytime eating has been good it is the nights where I have been having trouble. My body just can't handle 5-6 hours of sleep.


My Week In Review:


1. Exercise: I exercised on Friday and Monday. That's it. I need to get back to the gym and do some major exercising.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I tracked my points maybe 3 days. On the other days I tried but usually only did it for part of the day. Just not enough time. I have to track my points this week. It is the only way I am going to lose.

3. Exercise Points: I ate them plus some.

4. Water: I did not drink the amount of water that I should have. It could have something to do with the fact that I always have a cough drop in my mouth.

5. Late night eating: Way too much!

6. Snacking: I don't remember

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I really have to buy some lettuce.



I'm sorry about my post being kind of down this week. That is the way I am feeling . I really need to change my attitude so that I can get back on track. It's just been a rough week.


10 comments:

Mimi said...

Take care of yourself & your wee one. We'll still be here when you feel better.

Life happens, right?

Rachel said...

Sorry that it has been a rough week - I hope things settle down and you say hello to the 180's again soon!

Angie said...

I know how disappointing it seems, but you've come along way! You still inspire me and I look forward to your posts. I have faith that you'll will do great once you and your baby feel better. That alone takes a lot out of a person.

Keep you chin up...and don't be so rough on yourself because your doing great!

Natasha said...

I know what you're feeling. I gained 20 pounds back since last September and I was embarrassed to post it. But what I've found was nothing but support; and that's all you're going to get from your readers. Life isn't always about the numbers on the scale, and sometimes, what's going on in life is more important.

Shelley said...

Jessica, it's always so hard when your kids are sick...don't beat yourself up. Sometimes you just have to go on "survival mode" to get through all of the sleepless nights, puke clean up, laundry, etc. Hang in there and be good to yourself!

Jill said...

Be kind to yourself! You'll get back on track and you'll feel better. These kinds of days are part of the weight loss thing - it happens. :)

TJ said...

(((HUGS))) no worries...you will get back on track when everyone is healthy!! Take it easy Jessica!

:)tj

Gigi said...

So sorry for your continued late nights and vomit calls. UGH - what a tough time you're having. Go easy on yourself tho - you already have your hands full. Once things right themselves you'll be back in the 180s and beyond.

Lucrecia said...

I really believe lack of sleep is the biggest diet killer of all! I just affects us on so many levels. Add in the stress of a sick baby and its like climbing the highest mountain! I'm proud of you for having the courage to admit your gain. I SO know how it sucks to do that!

Pubsgal said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear about your baby being sick. It's awful having to see little ones suffer like that. :-( I hope she's better soon, and that the rest of you stay well.

I know it's discouraging to be up a couple of pounds, but you'll get back on track. You've done it before, and you'll do it again. Be good to yourself until then. (((HUG)))

Blog Widget by LinkWithin